Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My 30 Week Goal

Last year I got really excited to do this race called Tough Mudder. A lack of transportation and more importantly my lack for being able to run a mile, stopped me from doing the race. It was one of my 2014 new years resolutions to complete the race this year. I started training late and well I hate exercising. Swimming use to be my thing in high school but now with a full time job it is hard to find the time to spend the required amount of time in the pool. But swimming was great...you never felt like you were sweating even after the roughest workouts. The Tough Mudder requires training unlike anything I've ever done before. So i have a gym membership and am slowly making it a thing to go regularly. 10-12 miles of obstacles...not just any but military style obstacles probably best trained for in a gym.  Okay I should explain why I want to do this in the first place..

So ever since I can remember people have always doubted my abilities. Since I'm skinny and girly people tend to think I can't lift heavy objects. Which is dumb because I so can. But I've been getting the "Hey let me help you carry that" or the "uhhh are you sure you have that??" followed by a " oh damn I guess you have it" for most of my life. Those small little comments eat at me. So I want to do something that people will look at and think I won't complete and PROVE THEM ALL WRONG!!!!

Back to me being a lazy bumb. Well not really lazy, I work 9:45-7:30 5 days a week with split days off. It's exhausting! But I love my job and lucked out at finding what I want to do with my life so young. When I say lazy I mean working out wise. I was blessed to have a fast metabolism and a body that doesn't need much upkeep so working out hasn't been a priority of mine. Until I decided to do this race that is! Now I have 30 weeks to train to run 12 miles and to lift my body up walls and stuff. So far I can run .75 miles without stopping. I have a long ways to go! I've been talking it up so I have more face to lose if I don't go through with the race. Which I will! I'm also trying to get some friends to do it with me but I don't think they completely understand what the race is. But everything that is raised for this goes to The Wounded Warrior Project which is an amazing cause. I'll probably post more about this in the future. As for tonight I'm tired and am going to bed...all this talk about working out made me regret not going to the gym today. So gym tomorrow!

I hope you have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment